[Seaside] Starting a site

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Fri Aug 24 21:41:57 UTC 2007

Janko,

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing for it, as a matter of fact chances are we'll switch to using Opentalk when it's ready anyway.

Having said that I think it is important for me to try to relay my point across as clearly as possible. We have a Seaside gateway that is deployed in X headless services on Y machines, all of varying configurations as far as their interfaces go. This cluster of machines is fronted by an F5 load balancer which essentially serves as an outer HTTP server with active caching capabilities for static resources, SSL offload and such. When new machine is added to the cluster it has X number of services on it each on its own port bound to all interfaces on that machine. In managed environments these are all imaged from the same source, configured by DHCP and their IPs added to load balancing cluster by administrative staff. The effort should really stop there, so I want a simple Smalltalk web server that binds to 0.0.0.0:p1,p2,pX and lets outside server(s) deal with actual configuration, because I will never ever have more than a single Swazoo site running on a given port. Your point about Swazoo having all these wonderful capabilities is well taken, what I was saying all along has more to do with people like me who do not and never will use them.

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322