[Seaside] Tooltip in Seaside 2.8 Not Working

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 22:09:47 UTC 2007

Thanks Philippe,
I downloaded and checked it out. It works fine now. If my observations go
right, you have made the following changes.

TTLibrary >> selectorsToInclude
    ^#(tooltipJs)

Has been added.

TTLibrary >> aTooltip has been renamed TTLibrary >> tooltipJs

TTLibrary class >> initialize
    self register

Has been added.

If we want to port any other javascript, should we follow the above steps.

I was wondering if
Reflection-mb.8.mcz<http://squeaksource.com/seachart/Reflection-mb.8.mcz>is
also not portable to
2.8 . If I follow the above steps to reflection, is it possible to make it
work with 2.8

Thanks again for timely help.

Apart from changing superclass of TTLibrary from WAScriptLibrary to
WAFileLibrary.

On 8/26/07, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/8/24, Rajeev Lochan <lochan94 at gmail.com>:
> > Dear Seasiders,
> > I am in need of Tooltip functionality. I went through the mailing list
> >

> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-June/007867.html
> >
> > and loaded tooltip demo made by Philippe Marschall.
> > http://squeaksource.com/seachart/Tooltip-pmm.1.mcz
> >
> > This works well in Seaside 2.7. When I loaded the same demo in Seaside
> 2.8
> > (Damien's image), I changed the superclass of TTScriptLibrary from
> > WAScriptLibrary to WAFileLibrary as mentioned in Migration rules. Now it
> is
> > not working in Seaside 2.8. Am I missing on anything.
>
> Yes, migration from script to file library also means adopting the
> method name conventions. Can you give Tooltip-pmm.2 a shot?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe
>
> > In general, is there any blog or tutorial of integrating javascript with
> > Seaside.
> >
> > Thanks in advance & anticipating help,
> >
> > --
> > Rajeev Lochan