[Seaside] Tooltip in Seaside 2.8 Not Working

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 22:51:56 UTC 2007

Thanks Philippe,

I tweaked around and changed the mentioned methods. Now I have a working
model. I have attached Reflection-raj.0.mcz with this mail. I tried to
upload on Seachart, but couldn't as probably, I dont have permission to do
so. Anyways, you please upload it.

Why is it that IE behaves so different from Firefox. I am almost done with
my new web app using Seaside. Now, CSS looks good with Firefox, but when I
open in IE, everything is in a poor state. Can you suggest any reference
material from where I can pick up hints on what changes I have to make in
CSS for IE. I am thinking of using userAgent method to find out which
browser it is and render the CSS accordingly.

Thanks again.

On 8/26/07, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/8/26, Rajeev Lochan <lochan94 at gmail.com>:
> > Thanks Philippe,
> > I downloaded and checked it out. It works fine now. If my observations
> go
> > right, you have made the following changes.
> >
> > TTLibrary >> selectorsToInclude
> >     ^#(tooltipJs)
> >
> > Has been added.
>
> Makes that tooltipJs is automatically added to the html head.
>
> > TTLibrary >> aTooltip has been renamed TTLibrary >> tooltipJs
>
> Method name convention for file libraries is filenameExtension
>
> > TTLibrary class >> initialize
> >     self register
>
> This registers the file library under /seaside/files
>
> > Has been added.
> >

> > If we want to port any other javascript, should we follow the above
> steps.
>
> Yes, the process is more or less the same.
>
> > I was wondering if Reflection-mb.8.mcz is also not portable to 2.8 . If
> > follow the above steps to reflection, is it possible to make it work
> with
> > 2.8
>
> Sure, you'd have to change RFReflectionLibrary in the same way. Also
> RFReflectionDemo looks unneccesarily complex. Eg. RFDemoFileLibrary /
> #attentionPng should be enough to create a link to the attention.png
> image. You can also remove rendererClass and SeasidePlatformsupport >>
> #seasideBanner is gone.
> Note that the reflection stuff probably will never work on IE.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe
>
> > Thanks again for timely help.
> >

> > Apart from changing superclass of TTLibrary from WAScriptLibrary to
> > WAFileLibrary.

> list
> > > >

> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-June/007867.html

> Seaside
> > 2.8
> Now it
> > is
> > >
> > > Yes, migration from script to file library also means adopting the
> > > method name conventions. Can you give Tooltip-pmm.2 a shot?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Philippe

> with

> > --