[Seaside] Seaside and classic(?) content integration

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:32:12 UTC 2007

2007/8/28, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com>:

> Hi there,
>
>     I've read in this list about integrating some static content developed
> with classic technologies like html (coming from hand or some designers
> tool) and php with a seaside application. Now I find myself with that need
> too. I wonder if there is a good, or I should say a less unelegant, way to
> do it. As the static content is not *that* static because it modifies some
> parts of some pages, the trade off that I was able to found was:
>
>     1. using IFrames in seaside for the static content
>     2. Exactly the oposite
>     3. Build all in seaside taking the static html and making use of a basic
> component that renders html blindly (then adjust if necessary)
>
>     Right now I'm using the last option because I understand that 1 and 2
> are deprecated approaches for web development and because to use that make a
> mess with back button which is one of the seaside strenghts (so have no
> sense lose that).
>
>     Do you know another possibilities? recomendations? best practices?

You listed anything that comes to my mind besides that you can inverse
3 too. What's best depends on your requirements. AFAIK iframes are not
deprecated, only frames. You can still use them if their advantages
make up for their disadvantages, they will stay around for a very long
time.

Cheers
Philippe