[Seaside] Enable Browser Back Button with AJAX-Scriptaculous

dirk newbold dirkdirk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:53:22 UTC 2007

Hi All - Newbie Question,

I've the classic Header, Fixed Left & Right Sidebar with Liquid Center and
Footer which I had originally developed without Sciptaculous.

Upon learning Scriptaculous I've redeveloped the entire site with AJAX so
that the Header, Two Side Bars and Footer are not continually rerendered,
but I've just realised that the browser's back button is now rendered
useless as the url stays constant.

How do I get the url to act as before so that the user can scroll back
through their past nav using their browsers back button?  Navigation through
the site has been achieved through the use of onClick: (html updater id:
'xxx'; callback: [ ]), so if that is the wrong approach please let me know.

Sorry if this has been posted previously but my seaside vocab wasn't
accurate enough.

Cheers,

Dirk