[Seaside] Truly Opaque URLs

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 07:11:36 UTC 2007

> Isn't the default behaviour to use the _s parameter rather than a
> session cookie? That's what I'm seeing on my installation, and
> WASessionConfiguration>>useSessionCookie returns false .

Sorry, I was probably unclear.

Cookies are disabled in the application configuration by default.

If cookies are enabled in the application, but the web browser doesn't
support cookies Seaside falls-back to URL parameters in this
particular session.

> Are there any problems that I should be aware of in making that the default?

Well, copying URLs around won't work. I find this especially useful
while developing the application to test in different browsers.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch