[Seaside] Options to distribute Squeak (Seaside) app without source code

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:07:27 UTC 2007

FAQ: Distributing Squeak Programs
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3563

Omitting the source is easy, don't distribute the .sources and
.changes. But, someone with Squeak can get at your "bytecode" and look
at it in a code browser. The variable names all get dropped, as do the
comments, but the code is easy to read.

You can preview this by removing your .sources and .changes file.

Back when Smalltalk was more commercially successful, you'd see ads
for Smalltalk obfuscators. I haven't seen such a thing for Squeak.