[Seaside] Re: Options to distribute Squeak (Seaside) appwithoutsource code

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 04:41:56 UTC 2007

"Carl Gundel" <carlg at libertybasic.com> wrote
> But if you strip out the right development tool stuff when you package
> your app that can make it very hard for people to look at the decompiled
> bytecode.  Remove inspectors, browsers, the decompiler, etc. and also make
> sure that no Smalltalk code can be filed in so that the tools can't be
> added back in.  You should be okay in theory against most would be
> hackers.  The only way to examine the application then would be to have
> some sort of image file browsing tool.

That could be adequate for my needs (I'm sure a determined hacker can get
past, that's fine). Is removing these tools as simple as removing their
classes before saving the image? And any way to reduce things to a single
executable, one that either launched the right image with the right VM, or
(preferably) included the right image and VM internally in some way?

p.s. Since this would be a web app, I would most likely want users to run it
headless (don't know how yet).

Sophie