[Seaside] URL problems

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Dec 8 17:41:59 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Bauer <dave.bauer at gmail.com> writes:

Dave> This is the key of the post, not that there is something wrong with
Dave> seaside, but that perhaps something like a tutorial is a totally
Dave> different use and perhaps the default behavior does not make sense for
Dave> the tutorial.

As far as I understand the problem, for each component you could ask
yourself:

        Would I ever want to come back to *this* component in *this* state
        as the result of a bookmark rather than a particular session?

If the answer is "Yes", then the next step is for the component to add
URL-based state information to the URL with #extraPath: or #updateUrl:,
and then recognize those state items with #initialRequest:.

Perhaps a good demo of this would be handy.  Maybe I can come up with
something, but Smarter People than Me might do it even faster and post
it to one of their blogs (nudge nudge).