[Seaside] Lightbox-like at inserted position

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:07:21 UTC 2007

I'm not really ready to undertake something like this right now, but just
want some input on whether the idea makes sense,  is reasonably feasible (or
even is trivial to do, or already done :-), is not too aesthetically
horrible, etc.

Lightbox disables an entire existing page and overlays a live modal
component in the middle. I want to insert that live modal component into the
right position in the page structure (e.g. where a to-be-inserted element
will go upon successful completion, or where a collection of elements exists
that I want to overlay a modal Sorter on), and then disable everything else
except that one modal component. More or less like a :

    SubComponent >> callWithAllElseDisabled: someComponent

Thanks - Sophie

p.s. what is the basic technique that lightbox uses to disable the existing
components?