[Seaside] Persistence in VW

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Thu Dec 13 23:37:53 UTC 2007

A large number of our customers use the combination of VW and GemStone
for persistence. The product GemBuilder for Smalltalk (GBS) runs inside
of a VW (or VA) image and provides connectivity to a GemStone data base.

So technically VW does have a pretty good OODB-based persistence option.

Take a look at
http://seaside.gemstone.com/docs/Announcement-ESUG2007.htm where we
describe GemStone/S LE which provides persistence for VW, the main
difference between GemStone/S LE and GemStone/S Web Edition (GLASS) is
that GemStone/S LE is not free.

Dale