[Seaside] how to retrieve cookies?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:48:22 UTC 2007

This is official: I'm stupid,What happens is that my application name is
'officious' too, and I'm using #useSessionCookie, so, Seaside is storing
session id in 'officious' cookie... and that's why WACookie#value returns
always a string "suspiciously seemed" to a session id.

I'm ashamed...

Cheers,
Esteban

On Dec 14, 2007 3:01 PM, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2007/12/14, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> > This is a dumb question, but it is annoying me:
> > I am creating a cookie with, like this:
> >
> > self redirectWithCookie: WACookie key: 'officious' value:
> > 'estebanlm at gmail.com '.
> >
> > And then, I'm trying to retrieve it with:
> >
> > aCookie := (self session currentRequest cookieAt: 'officious').
> >
> > aCookie value has a strange string, something like "AJHGfjddggaAVSGF"
> (or
> > similar) :(
> >
> > What's my error?
> > What I'm doing wrong?
>
> Can you gather a bit more information? Can you check if WACookieTest
> works ('Cookies' under /seaside/tests/alltests)? Can you inspect the
> cookies dictionary in the request (both WARequest and nativeRequest)?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.