[Seaside] listening on INADDR_ANY?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Dec 18 08:42:30 UTC 2007

After some tracing around, and finally staring at code in .c files, I see that
my only choices for WAKom are "port number" but not "interface", and that the
chosen interface is 255.255.255.255!

What if I wanted to proxy my Seaside behind Apache, and want to make sure
that only Apache connects to it?  The logical thing would be to have
Seaside listen only on 127.0.0.1.  But there's no option for this.

What are other people doing?  How do you restrict access to your Seaside
instance when you have an inward proxy?