[Seaside] Re: Closures not working even with fixTemps?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 03:54:39 UTC 2007

itsme213 wrote:
> "Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> FYI, the Automatic helpers do commit automatically any changes which
>> occur to the persisted data tree within callbacks.
> Yes, thanks Keith. Do you know if it might be possible to do the same for
> Ajax calls as well? I don't know Seaside internals, but Gemstone claims to
> do it for both.
> - Sophie
Yes should be possible, just a case of spotting where to put the call to
#commitAndBegin in the framework though
I wasnt actually sure whether it would be desirable. I thought it might
slow down the ajax response too much.

However I have added the ability to seaside/WAKom to add hooks after the
server has responded to the web browser.
If I can put it in there somewhere then it would not slow down the response.