[Seaside] Adapting YUI for Seaside

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Dec 20 15:39:17 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com> writes:

Sebastian> Are you using the Scriptaculous js serializer or you achieve js
Sebastian> code in some other way?

I need to look at solutions in this area.  Obviously, I'm lazy (using the Perl
community definition :), so I plan on reusing and building on anything that
works.

Sebastian> This normalized layout is arbitrarily composable? Can you make one
Sebastian> layouted component inside another?

Yes.  See http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/.  It's quite cool.  And the
big advantage is that it's tested across all "grade A" browsers.  If you don't
have time to test on 29 different browsers, Yahoo has already done the work
*for* you.  That's the advantage of YUI: it's what Yahoo is using internally
for their own sites.