[Seaside] [ANN] Update Seaside tutorial

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Dec 29 17:39:18 UTC 2007

>>>>> "michaelperscheid" == michaelperscheid  <michaelperscheid at gmx.de> writes:

michaelperscheid> Have a look at the new URL:
michaelperscheid> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/seaside/tutorial

Can I *please please* ask that you don't make the common design error (see
Jakob Neilsen www.useit.com for details) of styling your links
indistinguishably?

I hate having to mouse over an entire page looking for navigation.

I'm saying this publicly, because it's a common problem when designers don't
understand usability, and it sometimes gets copied by programmers who think
they're doing the right thing.  No.  Wrong.

Specifically:

        a { text-decoration: none }

should *never* be used, unless you've also done something else that uniquely
says "this is a link" (different color, different font, something!).