[Seaside] what I think I've learned about children

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Sun Dec 30 02:15:11 UTC 2007

> Second, I created a blog at
> http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ specifically for my public
> postings about Smalltalk, and Squeak and Seaside in particular.

Looking forward to many excellent posts to come.

> Since I just posted here about children, I wanted to post
> what I think I know about children now, to see if I'm
> confused about anything, and maybe to make up some FAQ
> material, both for my blog, and for the seaside.st FAQ.

> * Each component should render its immediate children
> somewhere in its own
>   render method by calling #render: on the canvas:

Assuming you don't call super renderContentOn:, which will render all child
components, so if you happen to see your children rendering twice, you'll
know what's causing it.

> How did I do?

Sounds like you've totally grokked it to me.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com