[Seaside] Comparative Study

Nonce Voldermort at icmail.net
Mon Dec 31 14:58:24 UTC 2007

Conrad Taylor wrote:
> Hey, you might want to rename PHP to Zend Framework because PHP is a
> language and not a web framework.

I outsourced the job :-)

http://www.railsenvy.com/2007/8/24/rails-vs-php
http://cameroncox.com/blog/2007/12/the-zend-framework-sucks-and-w.html

Seriously, I'm more interested in different approaches than just the popular ones. I'm also looking at support for
stateful applications, not yet another REST framework with packaged libraries.

Ultimately, it's a matter of limited time, which frameworks interested me most, and which I would learn the most from.
(Of the hundreds of frameworks I didn't look at, Zope, Lift and ErlyWeb would have been at the top of list if I was
going to do one more.)

BTW, if this was a popularity study, Smalltalk wouldn't have got a peek :-)