[Seaside] Learning Squeak class syntax

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 15:13:58 UTC 2007

2007/12/30, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>:
> Hi all. I have just installed seaside 2.8 on Fedora. Nice
> installation - works out of the box.
> The reason for my interest in Squeak is I want to learn
> smalltalk class syntax, so I can convert the smalltalk
> design pattern examples in the GoF book to other languages,
> such as Java and PHP.

Be careful, you could never go back to something else ;)

Syntax is pretty straightforward...  look at this flyer

Squeak is to me more about navigating in the code, in the message sends,
event at runtime. For that you need to learn how to use browsers. So have a
lookat squeak by example (the more recent book on squeak, and moreover
opensource and then free - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/SBE/index.html)

hth and happy new year all :)