[Seaside] Re: Re: The session in the debugger

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:31:17 UTC 2007

>> Yes there is a session variable in the debugger but it is nil.
>> That is
>> not what I meant. What I want is being able to do:
>>
>> self session
>>
>> in the debugger and it returns the session instead of nil.
>
> The debugger sends (aContext receiver) session, which is all it
> can. Of course the debugger's stack is not the same as aContext's
> stack, this can be the cause of nil.

FWIW, the VW implementation traverses the context stack until it
finds a context
where the method is WADynamicVariable>>use:during: The session object
is the
first argument of the method (in VW it is localAt: 1). With this
technique you see the
session object in debugger's right panes for all stack frames that
are above
#use:during: not only for those stack frames where the receiver is a
WAComponent
instance.
Cheers,
Michel.