[Seaside] Possible bug with <ul> generation?

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Tue Feb 6 18:59:42 UTC 2007

It is indeed technically invalid, one shouldn't be creating lists
without list elements, this snippet fails to validate for exact this
reason,

Line 8 column 8: end tag for "ul" which is not finished.

<head>
<title>Title</title>
</head>
<ul></ul>

with all 3 xhtml doctypes,

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

as well as 3 html doctypes,

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322