[Seaside] Forcing Seaside to timeout sessions?

Martin Beck martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 7 18:32:59 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch 07 Februar 2007 19:22:58 schrieb Rick Flower:
> Rick Flower wrote:
> > Hi all.. I was wondering if there's a way to force Seaside to purge
> > all existing sessions that might be open.. I had adjusted my session
> > timeout value to 8 hours to allow me to run w/o timing out my
> > sessions, but I have a database connection for each Seaside session
> > and have a LOT of stagnant Seaside sessions lying about and would like
> > to do some house cleaning.. I tried forcing GC, but that didn't work..
>
> Nevermind.. I tried the "flush cache" and while that didn't appear to do
> anything immediately, the next time I loaded up my Seaside app's page,
> the purge seemed to take place and all of my old Seaside sessions
> disappeared..
However, it would be nice, if such a purge would happen more often and you
don't have to click on "clear caches" to make it work... Or is seaside's
behaviour with session cleanup an other in the deployment mode? I would
think, that after 10 minutes, if the session time out, it soon would be clean
out of the caches automatically....

Regards,
Martin