[Seaside] Nuking objects when changing pages?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Sun Feb 11 04:21:25 UTC 2007

Hi all.. I guess this is a question of style and garbage collection of
sorts..  I've got a shopping cart as I mentioned earlier in several
other email threads -- my question is what to do with the cart contents
(and the object itself) when the user changes to another page thereby
discarding what was in the cart (this cart does not work like a cart at
Amazon or whatever -- when you leave a specific order page the cart is
to be discarded).. Anyway, initially I was thinking that I could just
set my cart object to be "nil" and let the garbage collector do its task
-- but I'm wondering if its worth my time to do a bit of manual cleanup
to reduce the amount of work the GC has to do.. Is it worth it and are
there any pitfalls from going down that path -- any alternatives that
are better?

Anyway -- I guess it's more of a general ST question as well..