Seaside2.7a1-lr.173 (was: [Seaside] Seaside 2.7a1 versions 169)

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:02:23 UTC 2007

Strings, strings, strings ... I can't stand strings where there should
be objects.

Dispatchers and EntryPoint instances used to have a hardcoded
basepath. With every version of Seaside methods were introduced to
parse, concatenate and transform these ugly strings. Now I published a
version that makes some minor changes in the model but has some bigger
effect. I think this is one of the last big steps to finish the
initial goals we posted for the 2.7 version.

Not that this change will break your existing dispatcher configuration
if you load it into an existing image. In the comment it says:

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-

- probably the last big refactoring of 2.7: WARequestHandler
- request handler do have a parent-link now
- request handler do know their-name now (and no basePath)
- request handler generate their basePath using parent-link and name

If you load this version into an existing image you need to
re-register all your compoents by evaluating:

	WAKom stop; startOn: 8080.
	WAComponent allSubclassesDo: [ :each | each initialize ].

Basic stuff works, but there are certainly bugs introduced with this
change. Lots of things can be now done easier, without fiddeling
around with strings. Objects forever!

There are still a few places to adapt, but most of it should work.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli