[Seaside] Geographic Information System (GIS) in Seaside

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Tue Feb 13 09:15:26 UTC 2007

Runar Jordahl a écrit :
> Has anyone tried using GIS-to-Web products from Seaside?
I never heard of it...

> ArcIMS (Internet Map Server) -
> http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcims/index.html
>
> MapServer - http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/

In our project mapserver was used (implemented in php...not by me :) )
and I found it a bit slow and not very handy...
I'm thinking in doing the same stuff with google map (with export to
google earth). Did you consider them ?
maybe they have not all the possibilities of mapserver (not sure though
?), also not opensource but it's pleasant and quick to use and probably
not that hard to do in seaside (maybe some magritte description for
spatial area and points :) ).

http://kellylab.berkeley.edu/SODmonitoring/OakMapper.htm
on this page there are examples where we can see the different technologies

Cédrick