[Seaside] WAHtmlDocument>>comment:

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:22:21 UTC 2007

> Just to give you some context, I was looking for a way to put hidden
> tokens into the output so that our server monitoring software could
> look
> them up and comments seemed like an appropriate venue, semantically
> speaking. I guess I could have added a div with display:none, but it
> just didn't seem right as these are definitely not part of the page
> markup.

Boris,

I would rather subclass WARenderCanvas and create a new intention
revealing selector like #emitMonitoringSoftwareInformation:
If you use #html: you can output anything. You can also probably
take advantage of the Canvas to create your own xml-like markup
inside the comment.
Just an idea.

Michel.