[Seaside] seaside mini image

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Sat Feb 17 20:32:00 UTC 2007

On 2/17/07, Todd Blanchard <tblanchard at mac.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm finding it a bit too minimal - I can't figure out how to set
> up preferences

This image is designed to be minimal morphic system so it doesn't
include stuff that can be quite easily packaged - including both
preference browsers. The initialization of preferences isn't solved
well in current Squeak - at least it is not prepared for
modularization so I load it from image segments.

> - I hate the scrollbars on the left,

Some older smalltalkers hate scrollbars on the right ;-)

>and I really need
> the row of buttons in the code browser (browse, senders, ....). I'm
> also used to having the mouse buttons swapped, and cmd-B should
> always bring up package browsers - I have way too much code to use
> the green browsers.  So I appreciate the effort, but I can't use it
> as is.  It is too primitive for development.

You may try to use EToys image now. It has almost full code base of
regular Squeak 3.9 image (it doesn't include Nebraska) and and you've
got there the common settings but it's little bit smaller than 3.9
image. However the main reason is that we need more real-life
experiences and bug reports for this modularized image so it may be
good way how to contribute to Squeak development.

Cheers,
-- Pavel