[Seaside] 10th time is a charm!

Mike Pence mike.pence at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 18:19:07 UTC 2007

Hey fellow beachcombers.

So, Giles inspired me, via his most excellent blog, to try Seaside again. This will make time 6th or 7th or 10th or something-ith that I have resolved to do this, but I have confidence that I will follow through because this has been a year of firsts. I've obtained a reasonable level of mastery of Rails, adopted Linux, taken up VIM, etc.

Also, I spoke at the Rails conference about Laszlo and Rails, another whistle-stop on my journey to regaining the power of component-oriented UI development that I tasted in Delphi. So, Seaside is next for me.

Squeak and Seaside are a lot to bite off. I would appreciate any pointers on where to get started. I need a refresher on Smalltalk syntax, an idea of the cycle of interaction with Squeak -- the usual.

And mad props to Giles. As a programmer who used to live in Sedona and Scottsdale, I have a sense of kinship with a fellow technologist who braved Albequerque. Sounds like we love similar things and make similar mistakes. :)

Best,
Mike Pence
http://mikepence.wordpress.com/