[Seaside] ReWrite Rule and css files - what am I doing wrong?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Mon Feb 19 22:51:43 UTC 2007

Probably something stupid...

I'm using Pier and Seaside without alteration straight from SqueakMap. I
have not created a separate css.

When I access the site like this:

http://www.my_domain.org:9999/seaside/pier

Everything is fine - that is I see the standard css formating of Pier.

But when accessing like this:

http://www.my_domain.org/

The content, et.al. is the fine except there is no css formating of the
page.

First I thought it was something to do with the rewrite rules:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.my_domain.org
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/my_domain
      <Directory /var/www/html/my_domain>
               Order deny,allow
               Allow from all
      </Directory>
   ErrorLog /var/www/html/my_domain/logs/www.my_domain.org-error_log
   CustomLog /var/www/html/mmiki/logs/www.my_domain.org-access_log common

     ProxyPreserveHost On

     RewriteEngine ON
     RewriteCond /var/www/html/my_domain/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:9999/seaside/my_domain/$1 [P,L]

But, when looking at the apache access log there is:

GET /seaside/files/PRPierLibrary/style.css HTTP/1.1" 404 83

In the configuration page, PRPierLibary is in the File Library under
Pier.  But I don't know why there is css formating in the direct way
(http://www.my_domain.org:9999/seaside/pier), and apache is looking for
a css file in the second (http://www.my_domain.org/).

Makes no sense to me.

BTW: I did create a sub-directory called: files/PRPierLibrary with the
default style.css from Lukas under the directory where the image is
located, but that didn't do anything.
(I stopped and restarted WAKom just in case.)

I'd, of course, be most grateful for any hints. Thanks much!

brad

--
brad fuller
  http://www.Sonaural.com/