[Seaside] ReWrite Rule and css files - what am I doing wrong?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 07:08:44 UTC 2007

> But, when looking at the apache access log there is:
>
> GET /seaside/files/PRPierLibrary/style.css HTTP/1.1" 404 83
>
> In the configuration page, PRPierLibary is in the File Library under
> Pier.  But I don't know why there is css formating in the direct way
> (http://www.my_domain.org:9999/seaside/pier), and apache is looking for
> a css file in the second (http://www.my_domain.org/).

That's the new way for Seaside to serve static files.

> BTW: I did create a sub-directory called: files/PRPierLibrary with the
> default style.css from Lukas under the directory where the image is
> located, but that didn't do anything.
> (I stopped and restarted WAKom just in case.)

You either need to create a directory seaside/files/PRPierLibrary/
with your files or add the following rewrite rule right after enabling
the rewrite engine:

RewriteRule ^/seaside/files/PRPierLibrary/(*.)$
http://www.my_domain.org:9999//seaside/files/PRPierLibrary/$1 [P,L]

Cheers,
Lukas

--