[Seaside] multipart forms and non-ascii characters

Petr Štěpánek petr.stepanek at e-fractal.cz
Tue Feb 20 16:32:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,
  I have a problem with multipart form fields and non-ascii characters.
  The form looks like:

  html form
    multipart;
    with: [
       html textInput .........
       html textArea .........
       html fileUpload .......
   ].

If the user entered any non-ascii string into the textInput or textArea, I
get the string in 16bits (sounds like utf-16) and not the usual smalltalk
representation. I am using VW7.5 (vw-dev beta version) which has pretty much
the latest seaside ported and beside this, I have no problems with it.
 The problem is with #multipart. If I comment out "multipart", non-ascii
strings work right (but obviously file upload does not).

   Thanks a lot!
      Petr Stepanek