[Seaside] Debugging -> Hanging

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Wed Feb 21 11:01:32 UTC 2007

Blake a écrit :
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:18:48 -0800, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There are some places that are a bit difficult to debug, e.g. just
>> before a #call: where the web browser expects interaction from the
>> client. Since the new request then is processed within a new process
>> your old debugger just stucks ... Is that what you experience?
>
> It could be (trying to reproduce now). Is there any escape?
cmd (alt or pom) + .    sometimes several times

> Huh. Now I'm getting...
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: WARenderCanvas>>tableRowWith:with:
this message is understood by the old renderer WAHtmlRenderer...

> I think I'm going to reinstall.
reinstall ? :)

> Oh, hey, there's something else: I'm using Squeak 3.9 (in general) but
> when I start the Seaside image it says it's looking for
> SqueakV3.sources (instead of SqueakV39 sources). Should I be using
> Squeak 3.8?
maybe you're using Ramon image (based on 3.8) ? or another ready image
based on 3.8...
try an image based on 3.9 like the one done by Damien...
http://damien.cassou.free.fr
you can directly try squeak-web but the squeak-dev one is a bit more up
to date...
you can of course keep your version and add the previous sources files...

Cédrick