[Seaside] scrollbars on the right [was: seaside mini image]

Martial Boniou Martial.Boniou at ifrance.com
Wed Feb 21 14:36:54 UTC 2007

klaus.witzel at cobss.com wrote:
>> On 2/17/07, Todd Blanchard wrote:
>>> - I hate the scrollbars on the left,
>>
>> Some older smalltalkers hate scrollbars on the right ;-)
>
>Nooo :) I am an old smalltalker and I don't hate scrollbars on the
>right.
>Instead I hate the long mouse moves. Text is usually left aligned and so
>moving the scrollbar into the opposite direction is, on the average, the
>longest move. I suffered from a double crunch syndrome (two nerves
>crunched, arm and hand) only because I had to use MS$ scrollbars for
>some
>decades [no joke].

>Only people who do texts from right to left (there are many) can hate
>scrollbars on the left :)

As a NEXTSTEP dev , I totally agree. Every important tools (scrollbar,
menus, shade button) should be on the left and the lesser on the right
(close button). I think the Windows/Motif display is the end of the
ergonomic WIMP.

About your syndrome, did you try dvorak keyboard (I use it everyday and
it's awesome, I can tip 9 hours with no fatigue)?

--
Martial