[Seaside] upgrading methods

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:47:58 UTC 2007

2007/2/23, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com>:
> Philippe Marschall wrote:
> > FileLibrary is part of Seaside since October last year and since then
> > has been developed inside Seaside. Merging it is not a clever idea.
>
> Clever or not, there are several comments on this ml that suggested
> merging was preferable to loading. Don't know who said it. In fact, I
> 'loaded' my first upgrade test of Seaside/Magritte/Pier. It was
> disastrous. At least now I have the latest Seaside running ;-)

I feel there is some confusion about loading versus merging.
you load. This is similar to checking out a specific CVS/SVN revision.
Merging tries to figure out what changed between the code in the image
and the code of a version and only load those changes. Although this
sounds like a good idea, figuring out takes much more time than just

to sum up:
You neither need to load nor merge file library.

Cheers
Philippe