[Seaside] Seaside 2.7

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 08:54:13 UTC 2007

> Is there a plan for 2.8? What are the features and enhancements you
> are thinking about?

Some of the things I have in mind are:

- remove deprecated code, such as the old renderer WAHtmlBuilder
- improve the way WATask is working (I have some ideas there)
- better customizability, e.g. custom expired handler for sessions
- optimizations, such as direct streaming of all output (not
necessarily directly to the socket, but certainly without too much
copying around)
- improve the concept of halos
- more tests? ;-)

Another thing is to get a new web site online, one with a Web 2.0
style and that looks better than the ones of our direct competitors.
The goal of the Web site would be to have a:

- up to date Web site where community members can add and edit text
- embeds Seaside news from the various blogs available
- show live examples of Seaside applications within the site
- provide a common patterns of Seaside application development
- maybe have an integrated change log and bug tracker

I would suggest to use Pier for that of course, but maybe there are
some other ideas? The eminent problem is the design. I think I already
asked twice in this list, but nobody replayed. So I ask again: Could
anybody propose a nice design (I only need the image, I can do the CSS
myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli