[Seaside] KernelImage and Seaside

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:53:56 UTC 2007

2007/2/25, Pavel Krivanek <squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz>:
> Hi all,
>
> Seaside 2.8 includes some refactorings that enables to load it into
> the KernelImage without next modifications. Only very small
> compatibility package is necessary to load
> (SeasideCompatibilityLayer).
>
> Of course some things like WABrowser are not working but I hope that
> it may be used as the base for future production images.
>
> Here's a image with preloaded Seaside and Scriptaculous (admin/seaside):
> http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/KenelImage-Seaside.20070225.zip

Some notes on this image, it uses Scriptaculous-pmm.172 which doesn't
display the styles in the Scriptaculous demo application. You need to
load Scriptaculous-pmm.173 for that.

One simple way to do this is add a WAVersionUplader component and load
the version from:
http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside/Scriptaculous-pmm.173.mcz

The username and password for the config application are admin and
seaside, you might want to change that.

Cheers
Philippe