[Seaside] Seaside 2.7 new image map api

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:40:05 UTC 2007

2007/2/26, Michel Bany <michel.bany at gmail.com>:

> On 25 Feb 2007, at 01:44 , Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
> > - new image map api (see WAScreenshot)
>
> I think this new api is not adequate.
>
> 1) code like this
>
>         html map
>                 with: [ ... ]
>
> looks as if you were rendering a <map> element.

I agree that the #map selector is crap, but that can be fixed easily.
I disagree that the api is not adequate.

> 2) if we want to support the <map> and <area> elements, then
> we would like to use
>
>         html map with:
>                 [html area ...
>                 html area ...].
>
> and we have a name clash on the #map selector.
>
> Again,  I would rather suggest
>
> For the ismap case :
>
>     html imageMap
>         ... ;
>         image: [:image | image ...];
>         callback: [:aPoint | self clickedAt: aPoint]

You're doing a #with: without a #with:. I think this is very confusing.

> For the usemap case :
>
>     html imageWithMap
>         ... ;
>         image: [:image | image ....];
>         map:
>                 [html area ...
>                 html area ...      ]
>
> With some new api for the <tag> and <area> tag
>         html area
>             callback: [self inform: 'Rectangular area 1'];
>             shape: (Rectangle origin: 40 at 40 corner: 100 at 400);
>             title: 'Rectangular area'.
> and support for Rectangle, Circle and Polyline

Do you have any customer that needs this? If no then I would rather
wait with something like this until someone really needs it. Once that
is the case I would prefer it to be an external package or reimplement
the shape classes in the Seaside 'namespace' . We don't need more
external dependencies, especially not on graphics.

Philippe