[Seaside] So where is the "release" version of 3.7?

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Mon Feb 26 21:09:19 UTC 2007

On 2/26/07, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's not how Seaside is developed. We don't have such cycles. As
> Lukas said, in general we use the latest Seaside version for
> production applications and we certainly develop Pier and Magritte
> against the latest version. You can't do that if you have open bugs
> that you know about. Sure there are instable phases when a lot of
> refactoring is going on (like start of 2.7 or lr.171+) but that's in
> general only maybe 4 versions. If we know about a bug, we fix it, if
> we want a feature, we implement it. This is how Seaside is developed.
> This is why it is pointless to attach a label to a Seaside version.

Ok, but there are processes that work for that too.  Have a branch
that is 2.7-stable, and generally commit to that.  If you're doing a
refactoring or feature you're not sure about, do it on
2.7-somerefactoring, then merge in when you're confident of it.  The
important thing is just that everyone know what the system is.

Avi