[Seaside] So where is the "release" version of 3.7?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:53:24 UTC 2007

> - Create a Seaside2.7-stable branch on the SqueakSource repository
> - Put the last version from Seaside2.7a1 to the stable branch

I strongly suggest not to do so. We willl just end up having a mess in
the SqueakSource repository with even more packages, labels, branches,
special versions, etc. Nobody will be able to understand anymore what
to load, what to merge, what is experimental, what is to be merged
into what version and what is not to be merged.

Monticello and SqueakSource are not ment for that, there is SqueakMap
that provides a convenient way to load a known working version. And as
I already said several times now, but everybody keeps on ignoring,
there is a version of Seaside marked as 2.7-final on SqueakMap, with
the release log of Philippe. For those that prefer to write mails
instead of opening an image I even attached a screenshot.

Damien, if you would like to take the responsibility of the 'Seaside
Installer' on SqueakMap I can add you to the project. The Seaside
SqueakSource repository where the installer is maintained is already
open ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--