[Seaside] Seaside 2.7

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:36:19 UTC 2007

2007/2/27, Masashi UMEZAWA <masashi.umezawa at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/2/25, Koji Yokokawa <koubo2006 at yengawa.jpn.org>:
> > I have some minor changes to fix troubles about UTF8 and WideString.
> > (I don't have tests but I checked in Japanese)
> >

> Unfortunately, these patches are only for Squeak. Since Seaside should
> be easily ported to VW (or even Dolphin?), I think there need to be
> more indirections. (Especially the patches for WAUrl).

Not so much. We already send #escapeForHTTP in WAUrl so sending it at
a second place won't break anything that is not already broken. It
won't do utf-8 encoding in Squeak 3.8 but fixes functionality and
breaks done.

The sever adapters are platform specific anyway (they are located in
'Seaside-Platform' too) so this is no problem as well.

It added the patches in a slightly changed form (there was a bug when
copying urls) to Seaside 2.8.

One thing to always remember it that some people do not want
WideStrings and prefer ByteStrings in utf-8 instead.

Cheers
Philippe