[Seaside] 3.9 and encoding

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Tue Feb 27 23:01:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

I ran into a encoding problem. I'm using seaside together
with Glorp. For the web server I use WAKomEncoded39.
WAKomEncoded39 converts the output to the browser to utf-8.
But on incoming requests the url escaped characters are
translated to something different. For me it appears to
be latin-1 but I've no glue why it should be that way.
I detected it because my postgresql session has client
encoding utf-8 turned on and I get an error trying to
store strings containing characters like ö.

I read on the net that this has something to do with 3.9.
Is this still true? Is there a way to make it run or is
the only way to go back to 3.8?

thanks in advance,

Norbert