[Seaside] Seaside 2.7

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 08:17:01 UTC 2007

2007/2/28, Koji Yokokawa <koubo2006 at yengawa.jpn.org>:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:36:19 +0100
> "Philippe Marschall" <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2007/2/27, Masashi UMEZAWA <masashi.umezawa at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,

> > > Unfortunately, these patches are only for Squeak. Since Seaside should
> > > be easily ported to VW (or even Dolphin?), I think there need to be
> > > more indirections. (Especially the patches for WAUrl).
> >
> > Not so much. We already send #escapeForHTTP in WAUrl so sending it at
> > a second place won't break anything that is not already broken. It
> > won't do utf-8 encoding in Squeak 3.8 but fixes functionality and
> > breaks done.
>
> And, that WAUrl patch for Squeak3.8 is a temporary work-around to avoid
> exception. I think String>>escapedForHTTP should convert the WideString
> to utf-8 at the sametime, like the implementation in Squak3.9.
>
> > The sever adapters are platform specific anyway (they are located in
> > 'Seaside-Platform' too) so this is no problem as well.
> >
> > It added the patches in a slightly changed form (there was a bug when
> > copying urls) to Seaside 2.8.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > One thing to always remember it that some people do not want
> > WideStrings and prefer ByteStrings in utf-8 instead.
>
> Well, but some users will post wide-strings easily, they don't care
> about the developer's intention. Then some application will be crushed.
> I noticed that Pier is broken by a post in Japanese.

Then this is a bug in your Pier setup. Pier see below how Pier
supports posts in Korean
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/studenckifestwal?command=PRViewCommand&view=PBPostHtmlView

This setup uses WAKom and therefore ByteStrings. ByteStrings don't
mean you can't support non-latin1 languages.

Philippe