[Seaside] [VW7.4.1] The page cannot be displayed

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Fri Jan 5 16:03:03 UTC 2007

>> I'm very glad to hear that people are paying some attention
>> to this issue.
>> Thanks!
>
>Carl,
>
>I believe I found the reason for this issue.
>
>It looks as if MSIE does not like an HTTP header with no
>space after the colon while WebToolkit does not output any.
>I see this as a bug in MSIE since RFC 2822 specifies that
>spaces after the colon are optional (page 46). The same bug
>exists also in IE7.
>
>I was not curious enough to determine which header exactly
>was affected, so I created two patches to WebToolkit to make
>sure that a space is inserted after the colon in all headers.
>
>The patches are available on the public store as part of package
>WebToolkit/Patches 2.6b1.118.1. You can either load the
>patches from the package, load the package itself into your
>image or rebuild a new image by loading SeasideForWebToolkit.
>
>I hope these patches will fix the issue for you.

I do appreciate it.  Thanks.

It has taken me weeks to get around to trying the patches.  After loading
them from the public Store repository they do not seem to do the trick.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

The following method exists in my image for class MessageHeaders:

sendOver: aStream

 self do: [ :header |
  aStream
   nextPutAll: header key;
   nextPutAll: ': '. "A space is needed by IE for some headers"
  aStream nextPutAll:
   (self headerEncode: header).
  aStream crlf.
 ].

So the fix would appear to be there alright.  Any thoughts?

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com