[Seaside] [Q] How can I Send Raw Response?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:31:14 UTC 2007

> If I use WAResponse, can I avoid creation of big WAResponse object?

You can avoid the creation of a big WAResponse by subclassing (or by
creating your own response-class) and defining a method #contents that
does something smarter, like returning a file-stream instead of a
memory-stream.

However, I would suggest to avoid letting Smalltalk handle such huge
not coming from your image it is much more efficient if you use Apache
and Rewrite rules for that.

Cheers,
Lukas

--