[Seaside] How to externalize scriptaculous javascript ?

Vincent Girard-Reydet vincent.girard-reydet at f4-group.com
Mon Jan 8 15:07:53 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'de like to externalize the Javascript of scriptaculous into external
.js files, in order to improve response time.
I copied all contents of SULibrary to several .js files.
In #updateRoot: of my component, I added the following code
(#javascriptPaths returns a collection of paths) :

CBOConfiguration javascriptPaths do:
		[:each | anHtmlRoot scriptElementWithSrc: each]

When I look at the generated source, I have correct <script> entries,
which give the same javasript code as when using the SULibrary.

However, I don't have the expected functionality. For example, the
updater is broken, my code on the server side is never called. If I
switch back to using "addLibrary: SULibrary" in #registerAsApplication,
it works again.

Does someone have a clue ?

Thanks

Vincent