[Seaside] Displaying a session expiration page

Vincent Girard-Reydet vincent.girard-reydet at f4-group.com
Tue Jan 9 11:54:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a server application that manages sessions. But when the session
expires, a new session is started without notifying the user, which
results in the website displaying the default page.

The behaviour is easy to reproduce: open /seaside/config, edit an
application without pressing "Done", then wait for 10 minutes => you're
back at the table of entrypoints. Instead, I'de like to display an
expiration page, then go to the new page.

I've looked at WAApplication>>#handleExipredRequest: , and I thought of
subclassing WAApplication to override this message. But I don't see how
I could first display the warning page, then display the default page (I
can't call components from #handleExpiredRequest:).

Any idea or better suggestions ?

Thank you.

Vincent