[Seaside] Displaying a session expiration page

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:11:50 UTC 2007

On 09 Jan 2007, at 12:54 , Vincent Girard-Reydet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a server application that manages sessions. But when the
> session expires, a new session is started without notifying the
> user, which results in the website displaying the default page.
>
> The behaviour is easy to reproduce: open /seaside/config, edit an
> application without pressing "Done", then wait for 10 minutes =>
> you're back at the table of entrypoints. Instead, I'de like to
> display an expiration page, then go to the new page.
>
> I've looked at WAApplication>>#handleExipredRequest: , and I
> thought of subclassing WAApplication to override this message. But
> I don't see how I could first display the warning page, then
> display the default page (I can't call components from
> #handleExpiredRequest:).
>
> Any idea or better suggestions ?

Salut Vincent,

I have never done it, but here is what I would try.

Subclass WAApplication making sure you re-implement #description on
the class side.
Then recreate your Seaside app using config and selecting the new
WAApplication subclass
in the "type" selection list. This can surely be done
programmatically as well.
Once this is done, you will be able to re-implement
#handleExpiredRequest: to your liking.

Best luck,
Michel.