[Seaside] Session management

Dario Trussardi dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Wed Jan 10 19:52:51 UTC 2007

Hello All,

i work with VW7.4.1 and seaside support.

I have create a "unregistered" method to manage the web Session close operation.

About session Lukas write:

<Old sessions are only pruned when they have timed-out and new ones are
<created. So this doesn't happen too often.

At the "unregistered" method i'have add :
        Transcript show: 'Web session ........ closing '.

And it write right line in the transcript when "unregistered" method is call for old session.

But the MyWASsession instance is not 'close'.

Question A)
                        Because the MyWASession instances increasing?
                        What do i do to "erase"  they?
                        Because with 80 old session  the system go in loop ?

Question B)
                        I can manage the old session with more precision?
                        I'm interested to close the database connection in real time, when the session " go in time-out " .
                        Not do it later.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano