[Seaside] A Seaside beginner stumbling along

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 19:47:59 UTC 2007

> > I've been trying to follow the tutorials I have found (David Shaffer,
> > Ramon Leon, Lukas Renggli, etc) on the net about how to use Seaside. The
> > problem is I kind of stumble along and then just give up since the
> > version of Seaside I have (the most recent one downloaded through
> > SqueakMap) doesn't seem to match the ones used in any of the tutorials.

My tutorial works nicely with the latest version of Seaside-2.7a from
SqueakSource. You can also get this version of Seaside by loading
'Seaside Installer' on SqueakMap (I don't know if you did this or if
you did it manually).

Of course my tutorial is sub-optimal, as it is designed as a 2 days
workshop with lectures and exercises. However I do know of a couple of
people that managed to manage it all alone. Of course the mailing-list
is open to answer questions ... ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--