[Seaside] Call for help: Seaside performances

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Jan 12 00:20:46 UTC 2007

> That's a pretty neat way of doing it when you partition the
> application in a predictable manner, be it the hostname or
> the url token. In our case we'll just have a fat stateful
> load balancer in front of an army of medium sized servers
> (multiple VMs across a few servers, actually) that proxies
> requests round the pool for new sessions and to the matching
> machine for existing sessions based on their session cookie
> (or _s parameter, since we use both now), in which case
> scaling is achieved by adding more machines to the pool and
> spreading the load evenly across.
> You can also get away with doing simpler IP based load
> balancing in most cases which saves you cycles on the
> balancer that are needed to extract the session id and serve
> as an SSL proxy, exception being the clients from networks
> where outside gateway keeps changing all the time, which AOL
> used to do quite a bit, not sure about the state of things nowadays.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris

Care to share your Apache config?  I don't need to partition my app like
Dabble, I'm thinking the same as you're doing here, just run a bunch of
images and use Apache to load balance them.  I just discovered
mod_proxy_balancer today, looks like exactly what I need, but I have to
upgrade to 2.2 to use it.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com